Auction Terms & Conditions
"Terms and Conditions of Sale"
Bidding on and buying auction assets at http:rjsauctionservice.hibid.com/auctions/current and its affiliated websites are subject to the series of obligations and rules below.
All bidders are responsible to become familiar with the terms used on this website and for this auction.
Some of these terms include, but are not limited to, the following: Sold "AS-IS, WHERE IS", warranties, expressed or implied; merchantability; with any and all faults and defects; abandoned property, absentee bid, and buyer's premium.
All personal property items in this auction are located in the general vicinity of Topeka, Kansas.
All winning bidders MUST pay by credit card unless other arrangements have been made prior to the close of the bidding by calling Rick Garvin at 785-224-4492.
Other Terms and Conditions include the following:
1. NOTICE TO ALL ONLINE BIDDERS: All bidding will take place online via Internet-Only auction or as outlined below. Bidding will open at 1:00 on Saturday, July 17th and will begin to close at 6:00 pm Central Time on Tuesday, August 3, 2021.1.IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION CONCERNING THIS AUCTION, DO NOT EMAIL YOUR QUESTION - CALL RICK GARVIN AT 785-224-4492
2. RJ's Auction Service AND SELLER FURNISH ALL AUCTION ASSETS TO BUYERS "AS IS," UNSUPPORTED, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
3. RJ's Auction Service AND SELLER DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
4. RJ's Auction Service reserves the right to set the bid increments of this auction.
5. Shipping: Shipping is NOT available for items in this auction. If you have any questions please call Rick at 785-224-4492 prior to bidding.
6. Pickup of items: Your pick up date / time will depend on which lots you purchase. The winning bidders for lots 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, 15 and 19 will pick their lots up on Friday, August 6th between 2:00 and 7:00. Winning bidders for the remaining lots are scheduled to pick their lots up on Saturday, August 7th between 11:00 and 5:00. Winning bidders will be giving the exact location where items are location at the conclusion of the auction. Please note "Time is of the essence" when picking your items up. If these dates / times conflict with your schedule please contact Rick at 785-224-4492 before you bid.
7. Deposit: Some lots will require a deposit that will be refunded when all items from the room / area are removed to the satisfaction of the Auction Company.
8. Assets are sold in their actual current condition, with any and all faults and defects, and with all errors of description. RJ's Auction Service liability to a purchaser will never exceed the purchase price actually paid for an asset.
9. Bidders accept all auction assets "with any and all faults", whether or not immediately apparent.
10. Bidders are responsible for ascertaining actual current condition through careful review of the description, pictures, video and/or any other supporting documentation.
11. There will be no preview of the items in this auction.
12. Every bidder agrees that his or her decision to bid and the amount he or she bids have been based solely on his or her own independent inspection and evaluation of the auction assets regardless of whether that inspection was in person or by use of written description and photos/video.
13. Bidders are strongly advised by RJ's Auction Service to take care to satisfy all questions or concerns about the auction process, bidding process, availability of shipping of auction assets before placing a bid.
14. Buyers are responsible for the cost of auction asset mobilization, disassembly, rigging, transport, insurance and all other costs related to physical transfer of auction assets from their location at the time auction bidding ends.
15. If the pictures displayed with descriptions do not appear to match, contact Rick Garvin by calling 785-224-4492 to report the differences.
16. ASSETS DEEMED ABANDONED - CONSEQUENCES - Assets not claimed, or paid for, by the buyer within the time specified in the auction's "Terms and Conditions", Addendum B, if any, may be deemed "abandoned property," regardless of whether payment has been received by RJ's Auction Service or the seller, the transaction between the seller and buyer may be cancelled without further notice or process and those assets may be resold at the sole discretion of the Auction Company.
17. ABSENTEE BIDS - While RJ's Auction Service will make every effort to assist bidders, we general do not accept phone absentee bids. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis. The decision to make, or accept, a phone bid is at the sole discretion of the Auctioneer / Auction Company.
18. BID RESCISSION AND REJECTION - RJ's Auction Service reserves the right to rescind or reject any and all bids.
19. BID RETRACTION - Buyers agree not to retract any bid they place on the site.
20. BUYER'S PREMIUM - a 10% Buyer's Premium will be added to each lot.
21. SALES TAX: THERE WILL BE NO SALES TAX CHARGED OR COLLECT FOR THIS AUCTION.
22. ASSET TRANSFER AND RISK OF LOSS POST-AUCTION - Assets will not be released to buyers until full payment to RJ's Auction Service has been received and funds confirmed. An auction asset becomes the full responsibility of the buyer at the close of bidding on that asset, and the buyer immediately assumes all risk of loss and damage to the asset.
23. AUCTIONEER'S DISCRETION - RJ's Auction Service has full discretion to modify the date and time, order, and any other detail(s) of the sale of any asset, or conduct, of any auction for any reason or no reason at all, including but not limited to technical issues, emergencies, and convenience of RJ's Auction Service or the seller.
24. CHOICE OF LAW AND VENUE; WAIVER - In any matters in which RJ's Auction Service and/or any of its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents or assigns is made a party, the law of the State of Kansas shall apply, without regard to its law pertaining to conflict of laws, and any dispute shall be decided in the courts of Shawnee County, Kansas. All claimants consent to the personal jurisdiction of those courts.
25. Auctioneer may waive any provision of these Terms and Conditions. No such waiver shall effect any other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, nor shall it amount to a permanent waiver of that particular provision.
26. If there is anything relevant to these "Terms and Conditions" of auction that you do not understand, please contact RJ's Auction Service before placing a bid.
27. By placing a bid indicates full understanding and acceptance of these terms, along with the agreement to be so bound.
28. Persons registering for this auction acknowledge and agree that their contact information can be added to our data base so they can be notified of upcoming auctions.
Updated: July 16, 2021
Richard H. Garvin, Auctioneer
RJ's Auction Service
3395 SW Mayo Avenue
Topeka, Kansas 66611
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms